Int. 1 Halper レッスン １ テスト パート１ 名前_______________________
I. Each of the words given below, write the corresponding Japanese word both in Kanji and in Hiragana.
1. Kimura 2. Yamashita
3. teacher 4. country
5. discourtesy, lacking in manners (used when you enter a room, or used as a polite way
to say “goodbye”
6. favor, request (often used after 「はじめまして。」when you first meet someone)
7. university 8. what
9. work 10. name
II. Write hiragana for the following Kanji.
1. 研究室 2. 専門
3. 松見 4. 留学生
III. Translate the following sentences into Japanese.
1. What is your name? (super polite)
2. What do you do for a living? (super polite)
3. Where are you from? (not which country are you from?)
4. Where do you live? (without using どこにすんでいますか。)
5. What’s the make of your car?
6. Whose cell phone (けいたい) is this?
7. My name is Stephen Colbert. (humble form)
8. Please call me Stephen.
9. My major (field of expertise) is Business Administration (けいえい), too.
10. What’s the capital (しゅと) of the United States?